Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Talkin' About A Revolution

This blogger is not on strike.

I have great respect for my fellow Second Life bloggers, friends and colleagues; I applaud solidarity and appreciate community activism but I am not partial to symbolic gestures.

I believe in community accountability, and that means we should "walk the talk" when wielding arm bands, berets, and pitchforks.

I don't think Linden Lab anticipated (or understood?) the nature of their actions regarding the latest policy, which is worrisome given that a vibrant and passionate community is the essence of success for Second Life overall.

I respect copyright, trademarks and patents, although I am certain the time has come to reevaluate how we interpret them and adopt business and social models that are more appropriate and beneficial given the digital renaissance.

I'll happily attend any community gathering for meaningful dialog, outreach and education, but none otherwise and ...

I will not strike silence at a time when voices need to be heard.

Share Some Grace:

blog comments powered by Disqus