Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Second Life Indagatrix: Weather

I stopped by The Weather Channel's new Second Life presence today to soak in what I thought might be a more spectacular weather-themed experience than the NOAA sim. My expecations were not met, and were probably misaligned anyway since NOAA is all about the science of weather, and The Weather Channel is about linear network broadcasting. I don't know what I was thinking.



The Weather Channel islands offer Residents three interactive experiences they've called "Epic",Extreme Skiing, Moab Desert Biking, and Big Wave Surfing. None of these really held any appeal for me personally, but you may find a few minutes to waste here.


If you aren't into extreme sports, you can view some linear programming from The Weather Channel on a big screen and a smaller set of viewing areas inside a central pavilion.


Share Some Grace:

blog comments powered by Disqus